How to Set Up a Truly Inviting Living Room Atmosphere?
- Start with the couch! Take your time and think through all factors: Budget, your lifestyle, color, fabric and design preferences.
- Set the calm and inviting mood by choosing warm and neutral colors.
- Have multiple lighting sources to create a relaxed, comfortable mood. Lamps are like jewelry: They’re not the main act, but they can make or break it.
- «Let the rug to claim the territory.» Choose the color and texture according to your concept and go more oversized than you think.
- Use various shapes and textures.
- Consider at least one huge window.
- Create one accent wall.
- Install paintings or art collections with the concept of your room, and do not hang it too high.
- The most impotent tip : Your living room should tell the story of who you are, and be a collection of what you love. Don’t try to make it be loved by others, love it by yourself!
ANNA SOTNIK • INTERIOR DESIGNER